Skip to content

Repository link now appearing on CPAN

May 1, 2009

Had me looking twice because seeing repository link on module pages on CPAN was new to me…..

repo-line

Yes it is new and I wasn’t the first to spot it: hanekomu’s Perl blog: Metadata on search.cpan.org

Hanekomu shows how to implement it in Module::Install. And Alexandr Ciornii comment points to how it can be done in Module::Build.

This is what you need to do in Module::Build (see meta_merge part):

use strict;

$builder->create_build_script();

Running “./Build distmeta” produces the correct META.yml

/I3az/

About these ads
11 Comments leave one →
  1. May 2, 2009 4:02 pm

Nice! The apparition of that line hadn’t registered in my brain till you pointed it out. :-)

Many moons ago I wrote a greasemonkey script to extract the information from the META.yml (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/31748). I’ll have to modify it to play nicely with the new upgrade.

2. May 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi Yanick,

Yes its nice to see a repository link given more prominence on CPAN especially in this GitHub frenzy world we currently live in ;-)

Barry

PS. For some reason your comment got caught in the WordPress spam filter and so I’ve only just noticed it (took me a while to wade thru the spam!).

• May 11, 2009 7:13 pm

[re: caught in spam limbo] Hmm… I wonder what tripped WordPress’ alarms. Could be my userscript link, or my dyndns.org address (in theory, I don’t need dynamic assignment anymore, as my server has a static IP addie nowadays — but I’ve used babyl.dyndns.org for so long that changing would be a real pain).

Oh well… My comment managed to emerge anyway, and I guess that’s what matters. :-)

• May 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Had just over 100 spam comments to go thru and yours was the only one I spotted as not being spam!

And for anyone that I didn’t spot in the jetsam & flotsam…. opps Sorry! I’ll do my spam pruning a bit more frequently from now on ;-)

3. July 15, 2014 5:58 pm

But not bubble witch 2 saga cheats only for adults and love today.
    Joined APSense since, November 17th, 2012, any gamers will get bored with current offer?
    The following are the three most popular and highly bubble witch 2 saga cheats functioned.
    In today’s world there are few of the Master.
    Connect the AV cable to the reports unconfirmed that Facebook phones in one single phone.

4. September 5, 2014 8:30 am

Hi there, yes this paragraph is actually fastidious and I have learned lot of things from it
    on the topic of blogging. thanks.

5. September 9, 2014 11:10 pm

Wheen I initially commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox annd now
    each time a comment is added I get several e-mails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that
    service? Cheers!

6. September 20, 2014 11:37 am

I also suspect that a worrying number of course places are being given away,
    just to make the courses seem more valuable to the few people who are paying heavily discounted rates.
    Here are few of the gaming modes available in Minecraft.
    Then, open up the text editor gedit and create a file called op.

7. October 1, 2014 3:50 am

Its ideal for small logos and is popular with commercial clients as it provides one of the most durable methods of branding
    clothing for businesses. For instance, delight them by rolling twenty-five golf balls branded with their names as
    well as faces all around their family room floor.
    T-shirt design, an ultimate solution for starting your custom online T-shirt design & printing website.

Trackbacks

1. Receiving contributions to your Github project « transfixed but not dead!
  2. First reported bug for one of my CPAN modules « transfixed but not dead!