Skip to content

Repository link now appearing on CPAN

May 1, 2009

Had me looking twice because seeing repository link on module pages on CPAN was new to me…..

repo-line

Yes it is new and I wasn’t the first to spot it: hanekomu’s Perl blog: Metadata on search.cpan.org

Hanekomu shows how to implement it in Module::Install. And Alexandr Ciornii comment points to how it can be done in Module::Build.

This is what you need to do in Module::Build (see meta_merge part):

use strict;

$builder->create_build_script();

Running “./Build distmeta” produces the correct META.yml

/I3az/

About these ads
11 Comments leave one →
  1. May 2, 2009 4:02 pm

Nice! The apparition of that line hadn’t registered in my brain till you pointed it out. :-)

Many moons ago I wrote a greasemonkey script to extract the information from the META.yml (http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/31748). I’ll have to modify it to play nicely with the new upgrade.

2. May 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi Yanick,

Yes its nice to see a repository link given more prominence on CPAN especially in this GitHub frenzy world we currently live in ;-)

Barry

PS. For some reason your comment got caught in the WordPress spam filter and so I’ve only just noticed it (took me a while to wade thru the spam!).

• May 11, 2009 7:13 pm

[re: caught in spam limbo] Hmm… I wonder what tripped WordPress’ alarms. Could be my userscript link, or my dyndns.org address (in theory, I don’t need dynamic assignment anymore, as my server has a static IP addie nowadays — but I’ve used babyl.dyndns.org for so long that changing would be a real pain).

Oh well… My comment managed to emerge anyway, and I guess that’s what matters. :-)

• May 11, 2009 7:25 pm

Had just over 100 spam comments to go thru and yours was the only one I spotted as not being spam!

And for anyone that I didn’t spot in the jetsam & flotsam…. opps Sorry! I’ll do my spam pruning a bit more frequently from now on ;-)

3. September 20, 2014 11:37 am

I also suspect that a worrying number of course places are being given away,
    just to make the courses seem more valuable to the few people who are paying heavily discounted rates.
    Here are few of the gaming modes available in Minecraft.
    Then, open up the text editor gedit and create a file called op.

4. October 1, 2014 3:50 am

Its ideal for small logos and is popular with commercial clients as it provides one of the most durable methods of branding
    clothing for businesses. For instance, delight them by rolling twenty-five golf balls branded with their names as
    well as faces all around their family room floor.
    T-shirt design, an ultimate solution for starting your custom online T-shirt design & printing website.

5. October 5, 2014 5:53 pm

Profitez de nombreuses personnes s’impliquer dans les clash
    of clans. lots et charges d’hommes et femmes font
    usage de captiver eux-memes, sans se soucier comment plus âgés qu’ils soient.Continuer la lecture pour découvrir les suggestions qui vont stimuler votre
    jeu vidéo prenant part clash of clans hack a la rencontre.

Vous etes actuellement havin problemes pouvoir entendre une conversation au-dessus clash of clans
    générateur de gemmes, de chaque de la musique et les mesures ?

Caractéristique de jeux plus en ligne une section audio sur leurs propres menus d’option.
    Ce menu vous donne des sous-titres bascule ou peut-etre pas.

Les jeux sont généralement extremement
    couteux et les plus chers.
    Clash of clans Vous économisez autant que 50pour cent en achetant utilisé clash
    of clans hack avec un prix inférieur de 25 a 50 % par le biais de la liste de prix.

N’oubliez pas d’exiger une variété de choix avant vous au détail de sortie si vous obtenez un jeu en ligne présent pour obtenir un pigeonneau.
    Vous ne pouvez peut-etre pas déterminer qu’un titre de jeu
    est adapté pour la scene d’époque de votre enfant
    avant de vous décider a vérifier en fait au magasin, alors assurez-vous que vous obtenez quelques titres
    pour sélectionner a partir clash of clans.

6. October 6, 2014 8:52 pm

I would beat it over and over again, place restrictions on my
    gameplay to add an extra challenge, such as speedruns or avoiding collecting health.
    For instance, the size of the playing field and each team having twelve players were in accordance
    with the latter day football. What you wear everyday (at work, at home or in public places) is said to define you, your taste, your styles,
    and your personality.

7. October 9, 2014 9:58 am

Every student will be presented unique ID’s gain access
    to these information. The required documents add a filled application, an individual statement,
    senior high school transcripts, three recommendation letters, test scores, financial statements, and
    documentation of learning disability. So The Use
    with the Federal Administration Although the Constitution places breeding
    within peasant jurisdiction, it’s got long been accepted the reason is economic implications have made what’s more, it a matter of
    grievous concern towards the federal government. The Asian country has overall
    supported post-secondary schooling like a means to accelerate economic development.
    If in any respect possible, try driving a dump truck and employ its features and controls.

Higher edeucation is one in the primary members in determining the upper class inhabitants.
    The federal grants are actually so advanced now that if your paperwork is eligible, then your entire educational
    expenses could be funded by them. Education plays an integral role in a’s life is
    a lifelong process to maintain learning things
    from the environment or move with a particular institution to earn an academic degree.

Here follows some from the common educational loans
    provided in Malaysia. The generic rule mostly common to all the participating colleges will
    be the dependent children of full-time faculty members or faculty librarians or staff
    employees on university payroll along with the retired staff on disability or deceased come within the gambit of enjoying tuition for university scholarships.

Trackbacks

1. Receiving contributions to your Github project « transfixed but not dead!
  2. First reported bug for one of my CPAN modules « transfixed but not dead!